1. Start off by trimming your nails down short and filing the edges so they are round and smooth. You’re now ready to get started
2. First, apply a base coat to the nail to smooth out any uneven texture. Then, add your base colour. We’ve opted for a sporty red to really make you stand out on the field
3. Once your base colour is dry, you can start working up your animal print. First, choose two contrasting colours to give the design the ‘wow’ factor - we’ve gone for a glimmering gold against pure white. Using the gold, paint on three or four half-moon shapes onto the nail and leave to dry. Don’t worry if they’re not perfect – wild animal patterns never are!
4. You can then add a white dot to the centre of your half-moon shapes to finish off that amazing animal print look. Don’t forget to add a generous layer of top coat so your designs stay protected while you shine in all your sporting glory!
5. Although we’ve gone for red, gold and white, why not try customising the colours of your animal print to match your kit colours and add a touch of glamour to your sporty look
Nail File, £1.75 each, www.madbeauty.com
Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in All Fired Up, £6.99
Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat Polish, £6.49